Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Grandma Jackson

Last night I found out from my dad that my great-grandmother, his grandma, has congestive heart failure. In other words, her heart is not circulating the blood through her body properly because there's fluid building up around. The doctors have only given her a few months to live.
This news saddened me. I am pretty close to her, and I have never lost someone close to me before. She's been in poor health for awhile, and I knew it was only a matter of time before the knew came that she had either died or was dying, but that doesn't make it any easier. She's not saved, so that makes it even harder.
Although I am not looking forward to attending her funeral, I am hoping that she passes away before I go back to college this fall. I would rather not have to fly home from college to attend a funeral, especially not at the beginning of the semester.
Please pray that she will get saved. She is in the beginning stages of dementia, so I'm not sure she is able to understand the concept of salvation, but I know that God can work miracles. There would be nothing that i would like more than to see her accept Christ as her Savior before she dies.

0 comments: