Saturday, August 7, 2010

Stephanie

For some reason I have been really missing Stephanie a lot today. I don't know why, it's not like today is really any date that has any significance or anything. It's two months until her birthday, but I didn't realize that till I looked at Facebook, so I don't know what's causing me to miss her so much today.

It is so hard to believe that the end of this month, she'll have been gone for three months.It still doesn't seem possible that she is gone, even though it has been nearly three months. It still seems unfair, but I am accepting that God knows best, and that He has a reason for taking her home to be with Him.

I was trying to think of some of my favorite memories of Steph, and here are a few that I thought of:

 -Her love of pigs-She raised pigs every year for the fair since I could remember. She loved her pigs, and even won first place in Nationals at Bob Jones University for a sculpture that she did of a pig.

-Her love for her family-She loved her family very much, especially her niece, Megan. Her family ended up adopting Megan for various reasons, and she and Megan were so very close. Steph was also close to both of her parents and her brother Westley. One of the last things she said to me was that when Westley got married, she'd probably be crying like i was at Holly's wedding. Westley is now engaged, and Stephanie won't be there to see her brother get married.

-My very first memory of her is from fourth grade, when she started attending the same Christian school that I did. We nicknamed her the "hairbrush girl" because she always carried a hairbrush in her back pack and was constantly brushing her hair.

-She loved her friends so much. If any of her friends ever had a problem, she was always there for them with a hug. Her hugs always made anyone feel better, no matter what the problem was.

Those are just a few memories that I have of her. You may not care to read this, but writing about stuff seems to help me feel better. Anyways, it is off to bed I go...in a little while, at least. I'm waiting for a reply to a txt to I sent to a friend first, and hoping that the reply is what I'd like it to be, but trying not to get my hopes up too much...Goodnight, blogging world

0 comments: