Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I asked God for strength, that I may achieve,
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey…

I asked for health, that I might do greater things,
I was given infirmary, that I might do happier things…

I asked for riches, that I might be happy,
I was given poverty, that I might be wise…

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men,
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God…

I asked for all things that I may enjoy life,
I was given life, that I may enjoy all things…

I got nothing that I asked for- but everything I had hoped for;
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am among the most richly blessed.

- An Unknown Confederate Solider

I found this on one of the blogs that I subscribe to (my sister's blog), and I really liked it, so I figued I would repost it on here. It is so very encouraging, and also very true! It was a reminder to me that while it may seem to us that our prayers aren't being answered, they are, just not necessarily in the way we want them answered. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! 

0 comments: