Thursday, August 12, 2010

June/July Update

I'm so sorry that it has been so long since I've updated!!! I've been kept very busy recently. I can't remember if I mentioned it at all on here, but I have been taking a Nurse's Assistant class for the past three weeks, and it's kept me crazy busy!!! They are finally over now, so hopefully I'll have a bit more time to update!

Disclaimer: I am updating this while I am sick, so if the thoughts seem more random or scatterbrained than usual, that's why!! :)

June was a pretty boring month here...not much went on, which was kind of nice as it allowed us to recover from the wedding and everything. The only major thing that I can think of that happened in June is that I started babysitting for a family with four kids. I found out about the job through a mutual friend. The kids were great, and sooo adorable!!! The oldest, Clarissa, or Claire, as everyone called her, was 8, Peyton was 4, and Titus and Timothy were 1. Yes, it was quite a handful!!! Thankfully the kids were pretty well behaved, so it wasn't as hard as it could have been.

July started out rather boring as well, but got very busy as it went on!! The first week in July was my last week babysitting due to various circumstances, which turned out to be a blessing because it allowed me to participate in things that I otherwise would not have been able to do.

The second full week in July we had Bible School at our church. That was a crazy busy week!!! I was in charge of registration, and I also helped Mom, who was in charge of refreshments. Thursday night was definitely my busiest night, as I went from helping with registration to setting up for refreshments, to teaching the missionary story to the kids, then back to setting up for refreshments, then upstairs to teach the misssionary story to the teens, back downstairs just in time to do refreshments for the kids, then rushed to set up refreshments for the teens, then tearing down and setting back up for registration! I was so glad when that night was over! We had a very good turnout of kids each night, which was a huge answer to prayer, especially considering that it was the first time that the church had done VBS. We were able to see four kids get saved as a result of it, which was amazing!

The week after VBS, I started my STNA class (State Tested Nursing Assistant). It went very well, and I learned a lot, but I was very worn out by the time it was over. The last two weeks of class were crazy. We had Monday and Tuesday off the second to last week, then started back on Wednesday and continued every day until the following Wednesday! On that Saturday and Sunday we did clinicals at a nursing home, which was definitely an interesting experience. I still have to take my state test, which is sceduled for the 25th of August, and after that I will be completely done!

That's it for June & July. Hopefully now that the class is done with I'll be able to be better about updating this blog. I'm going to try to see if I can't come up with some sort of schedule for posting so that I don't go so long without updating!! I'm off to take some medicine and a nap now to see if I can't get over this bug that I have.

0 comments: