Monday, December 21, 2009

Healing

I am so thankful for a God that can heal anything, even broken hearts. This summer, I went through a very hard, painful experience: I had my heart broken. I gave my heart away to a guy and when I got it back, it was in pieces.

My heart was slowly, piece by piece, put back together again. God was able ot take all of those broken pieces and fit them together to form a heart once again. He is the true Healer of broken hearts.

God used many different tools to piece my heart back together. He use Scripture, messages that I heard in chapel, and, above all else, friends.

It's amazing how when you surrender everything over to God, He will take your life and mold it. Although I do not know exactly what He's doing in my life right now, I am looking forward to seeing what lies ahead for me.

This past semester, I finally learned to be content no matter what. One of the biggest areas in which I struggled with that was the area of dating/marriage. One of my greatest fears had always been staying single for the rest of my life. God used my experience thsi summer to teach me that I needed to wait on Him, rather than trying to take my life into my own hands. I learned to wait on Him, and let Him bring along the right person for me.

It was only after I learned to wait on God and to be content that God started doing an amazing work in my life. The week of missions conference at Ambassador, I surrendered to Missions. I don't know if God is calling me to missions or not, but I am willing to go, or as I've hear it put many times, "wanting to go but willing to stay." I don't know exactly what God is doing in my life, but it's pretty amazing, and I'm excited to see what more He has in store for me!

0 comments: