Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!!



Happy Fourth of July!! I think that Fourth fo July is one of my favorite times of year. Fireworks, days off, grilling, parades...well, you get the point. I love seeing everything all decked out in red, white, and blue as well.

I'd like thank all of those that are in the military, or are veterans, for their service. I have several cousins that are in various branches of the military, including one who will be shipping out to Iraq shortly. I also have several friends who are in the military

I am the proud daughter of a United States Navy veteran. Dad never served during a time of war, but he has said several times that he still would have enlisted if there had been a war going on. He served for six (?, not auite sure if that's exactly right) years. The only reason that he did not reenlist is becuase he didn't want to have children while still in the Navy. He was out to sea six months at a time, and he didn't feel that would be fair to children. Thank you, Dad, for the time that you did serve.

Both of my grandpas served during World War II, and one of my uncles served during the Vietnam War. I am so thankful that these men were willing to risk their lives for our country. The reason that we still have the freedom to celebrate the Fourth of July is because of people like my dad, my grandpas, my uncle, my cousins, and my friends.

To those of you who are currently serving in some branch of the military, stay strong! There are still people who support you and appreciate your service.

0 comments: