Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday Night Fun

Chase is having swimming lessons this week, and tonight Chad and Maranda kindly gave me a ride to watch him. He did so well!!! I was so proud of him. He's turning out to be a regular little swimmer! The kid would stay in water all day if you let him.

He started out in the five foot end, swimming about two or three feet to the ladder ALL BY HIMSELF!!! After that, they moved to about ten feet away from the ladder. He was a little unsure at first, so they let him use a noodle to help him swim, but after the first couple of times, he bravely discarded the noodle and swam by himself once again. He did so well!
Before leaving the five foot section, Chase's teacher had all the kids use a noodle to do a backstroke. Chase had a little bit of difficulty getting the hang of this, but after a few times, he was doing excellent!!!

After they left the five foot section, they went to the three foot section, where the kids dove for rings. Chase had absolutely no qualms about jumping right in after his ring. They eventually moved the the four foot section, where they had the kids jump into the water and swim all the way to the ladder in the three foot section. Chase enjoyed this part quite a bit; his favorite way to jump in is doing a cannonball!

Right before it was time to leave, the teachers took the kids over to the slides and let them go down them. At first, all of them were a little hesitant, but after a little while Chase and another boy bravely decided to try the slides. Once Chase went down once, he was hooked!! He kept wanting to go down over and over again! The teachers finally had to tell him that it was time to go, which disappointed him; However, he cheered back up when they told him that he could do it again tomorrow.

After leaving the pool, Chad Maranda, Chase, Cole, and I stopped to get ice cream at the Dairy Bar in Hebron. Chase got a vanilla cone, Cole got a strawberry cone (or pink ice cream; as he likes to call it!), I got a hot fudge sunday, and Chad and Maranda shared an oreo flurry. The ice cream was delicious!

After we got the ice cream, we took a little drive around Hebron. We went by Chase's school and Chase was so proud to point out his school to me. It's hard to believe that in just a few short weeks he'll be in first grade!!! This is Cole's last year before going to school; next year he'll be starting kindergarten! I'm starting to feel really old!

Once we finished our tour of Hebron, which didn't take too long because it's quite small, we came back home. I had such a fun time with Chad, Maranda, and the boys, just like I always do. I'm going to miss the boys so much when I go back to school; after seeing them everyday it's going to be hard to get used to not seeing them for several months at a time. :( But Chase has promised to write me, and I get occasional phone calls from them, so I will have to be content with that, because not even my boys can keep me from going back to school.

I took plenty of pictures of Chase's swimming lesson, so I'll get those up here as soon as I get them on the computer.

0 comments: