Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sorrow

I find myself sleepless tonight. One of my close friends passed away late last night or early this morning, and I am unable to sleep. It was totally unexpected and I am in shock. I just saw this friend a little over a week ago at Holly's weddings,and we were making plans to get together sometime. Now she is gone. It seems so unbelievable, like it should be part of a dream or a movie or something.

As shocked and sad and hurting as I am right now, I take comfort in knowing that i will one day see Stephanie again. She knew the Lord as her personal Savior, and today she is in heaven with Him. Isn't that a wonderful thought? I am looking forward to the day when I will see her once again.

I would greatly appreciate your prayers for her family, as I can't even imagine what they're going through right now. To lose their daughter must be such a horrible thing for her parents to have to go through. A parent should never have to bury their child.

The verse that I've been dwelling on throughout this is "Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;" (2 Cor. 1:3) . I know that however great my sorrow and pain, God will be there with me to comfort me and to help sustain my throughout this.

Please be in prayer for the funeral. I don't know yet when it will be, I'm still waiting to hear, but I do know that there will quite likely be several unsaved people there, as well as her older brother, who has strayed away from the Lord. Please pray that God will work mightily through Stephanie's death, and that He will receive all the glory.

0 comments: