Friday, March 19, 2010

A much-needed update-part 2

Well, here's part two of my update...and yes, i have gotten more sleep since I wrote my last post, so don't worry, I'm not going to go crazy and start talking to my blog again!! :)

I already told you about my classes and the main events that have gone on this semester, but, of course, there's more to college life than just classes and events. There are struggles & trials, as well as blessings and answers to prayer. And sometimes, as I've realized this semester, the trials and blessings are the exact same thing.

This semester has been a rough semester in many ways. Emotionally, physically, and academically, there has seemed to be one trial after another. This semester has been my worst semester yet, but through everything, I've learned to depend on God for everything, even things that seem to be small and insignificant.

I can honestly say that God has become my very Best Friend this semester. When I was going through things that seemed as if they would never end, and when I was exhausted physically, mentally, or emotionally I knew that I could go to God and He would get me through. There were times this semester where I honestly felt like giving up. At the beginning of the semester, when I was going through a particularly difficult trial, I would cry myself to sleep every night because of everything that was going on. It was during that time when I realized that I needed to give it all over to God. Once I finally gave everything over to Him, everything got easier to bear because I wasn't bearing it alone. I had God beside me to carry me when I felt as if I couldn't go on.

Well, I guess this post really isn't an update on my life exactly, at least not liek I meant it to be, but this is something I've been thinking about for awhile, and just thought I'd share it on here.

0 comments: