Monday, May 18, 2009

Poem

I found this poem today on http://www.ylcf.org when I really needed something to comfort me. I won't go into details, but I was recently hurt very deeply by someone who was a very dear friend of mine. When I read this poem, it seemed like the author knew exactly what I was going through, and God used this poem to comfort me.

Why This Road?
By Jaclynn Robinson

I lay it all down on the altar, Lord,
Every piece of this broken dream.
I can not understand Your plan for me.
I stumble to ask You, why this road?

When so much just seemed to fit perfectly,
My heart it dared to hope and to dream.
Now only to be filled with an aching
In the confusion of why this road.

Though I may fight and struggle through all this,
The answers to the questions do not come.
I know I must be content without them,
Enough to know You know why this road.

To accept Your will, to keep on trusting--
I must, but hard is the task at hand.
When tears blur my vision to what You’ve planned,
I choose to follow You down this road.

The strength for the season comes only from You.
From the same well, joy for the journey.
As You lead, I’m slowly but surely learning
To rejoice in spite of why this road.


1 comments:

Anonymous July 10, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

Upon doing a name search I found you and my poem. =) I'm glad it was meaningful and a comfort to you. God gives me the words for whatever may be in my life at that moment.
Jaclynn