Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break!!

Well, Spring Break is finally here!! Actually, it's almost gone. It is Friday night and we leave on Sunday morning. This whole break has flown by!!

Spring Break started on Friday after chapel. I went over to my best friend, Laura Dillon's house for the beginning of break. On Friday night, after getting to her house, we went hiking on a nearby mountain. It had snowed the day before, so there was snow on the mountains. Unfortunately, we never got high enough on the mountain to see the ground totally covered in snow. WE did however, se patches of snow on the ground.
Saturday, Laura and I slept in until around 11:30am. After we got up, we worked on schoolwork some and started watching The Sound of Music.
On Sunday, we went to Immanuel Baptist Church, the church that Laura's dad pastors. After the evening service, the Dillons took me out to eat at Dairy Queen.
On Monday morning, Laura and I left her house around 11am and began the six hour drive to my house. We arrived at my house just in time for a delicious supper which Holly had made. I took her down to meet Chase and Cole after supper, then I took her to the library, which turned out to be a very profitable trip. She found several books for her research paper, which she's doing on Parkinson's Disease, and I found a few on the Columbine High School Massacre, which is the topic that I chose for my research paper.
On Tuesday, I took Laura over over to The Dawes Arboretum, an arboretum about ten minutes away from my house. I showed her around the arboretum for a few hours.
The next day, Wednesday, Mom, Holly, Laura, and I went to Dawes. While Mom and Holly walked, Laura and I went around Dawes, taking pictures. That evening, Laura got to visit my church, New Lexington Bible Church.
Thursday morning, Laura woke up with the stomach flu and spent most of the day in bed. As much as I regret that she was sick, it gave me some time to spend with my parents, which was something that i hadn't had a chance to do before that.
Today (Friday), we went in to Columbus and did some thrift store shopping. We found tons of good deals and I came back with plenty of new clothes for college.
Tomorrow Holly and I will be going into town to get our taxes done by Nicole, Chase & Cole's aunt (Maranda's sister). After that, she, Laura, and I will be going to Walmart to do some last minute shopping before we go back to school.
On Sunday morning, we will be leaving here around 8am, and, Lord willing, arrive in Lattimore around 4pm or so. We will get unpacked and settled in, then leave around 5:20 or so to go to church at Emmanuel. Andrew (Holly's boyfriend) will be coming with us.
As much as I love college, I am not ready to go back yet. This semester has been very busy and stressful for me as I am taking 21 credit hours, working 17 1/2 hours a week, and trying to fit in four hours of piano a week. I know, I'm crazy!! I regret taking so many credit hours, but there's no way I'd drop a class now, not so close to the end of the semester.
Well, I guess that's about it for this post. I will hopefully be posting more again soon.

0 comments: