Saturday, July 5, 2008

Update/Future Plans

I'm horrible at updating this thing! I really need to get into the habit of updating more. Hmm...let's see, interesting things going on right now:


I'm leaving to go to camp at the Bill Rice Ranch tomorrow. It's going to not only be my first year there, but also my first time in 7 years not being at Wildwood. I am looking forward to going to the Ranch, though. I will be there for two weeks, as I am doing their S.T.S. program (Summer Training for Teens). the first weeks I will be in training to be a counselor. I'll be taking counseling classes, sign language classes, and bible classes. The classes are mainly in the morning, so except for attending teen chapel services, my afternoons will be free to spend as I'd like. The second week I will be a junior counselor. This is the part that I'm most looking forward to, as I have always wanted to be a counselor. Those days will be pretty busy as I also have to work in their cowboy town. On the Saturday between the two weeks, I'll be able to go into town or stay at the ranch and do as I please. I probably won't decide until that day which I'm going to do.

When I get back from the Ranch, I'll work for six days, and then I'll be having surgery to get my wisdom teeth removed. I'm not at all looking forward to that. They're impacted, so rather than simply pulling them out, they have to cut them out. Ouch! I'll be off work for four days to recover from that.

I will be leaving for college on August 15. I can't wait! As excited as I am, I'm also a bit nervous, but my excitement very much outweighs my nervousness. We'll get to the college on Thursday afternoon, and we don't start classes until a week from then. In between will be registration, orientation, get to know you activities, and other things. I think the thing that I'm looking forward to the least when I leave for college is having to say goodbye to everyone. I will definitely miss everyone greatly, but I doubt I'll get homesick. I'll still be able to call and talk to them, so it's not like I'm going to be completely cut off from everybody.

I will have to choose a church once I get down there, so please pray for me as I make that decision. Mom and Dad are taking me to one of the churches in King's Mountain that first Sunday morning that I'm down there, then  I'm going with Holly to Emmanuel that night. I think I'm going to visit Maranatha either that Wednesday or the next Sunday. After that, I want to visit Tri-City and Victory.

Well, that's pretty much everything interesting that is going on right now or that is coming up soon. I plan to update once I get back from camp and write about what I did and how it went.

0 comments: